Are you focused on building your child's brain? If so, you might be thinking about designing your child's bedroom in a way that he will be surrounded with things that will inspire learning. From selecting a school desk for his or her bedroom to selecting educational decorating items, here are some ideas that might help:
The Furniture -
It's a given that your child will need a place to sleep, so the first thing on your list will probably be the selection of a bed. After that, there are other choices that will make your child's room unique. As you select other furniture, keep in mind the fact that you want to inspire learning for her or for him.
- Buy a school desk where he or she can study.
- Consider getting a school desk that has a computer area as part of the design.
- One idea is to look for a roll-top desk that can be closed when it's not in use.
- Don't forget bedside tables with a good reading lamp.
- Another good idea is to purchase a floor to ceiling shelf where your child can keep books.
- Consider purchasing a comfortable chair that might invite your child to read.
The Extras -
Besides the furniture, select other items to decorate your child's room that will inspire learning.
- For example, consider displaying a huge mural of a map of the world on one wall.
- On your child's ceiling, adhere things like stars, planets, and constellations.
- Frame posters of famous places in the world.
- Some of those places might be cities like Athens, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
- Stencil inspiring quotations on your child's walls, too.
- For example, choose words like Follow Your Dreams or Reach For Excellence.
Of course, you'll want to add an element of fun in your child's bedroom, too. What does he or she love? For example, if your child loves dinosaurs, let him or her help you to choose dinosaur models that can be displayed on a floor to ceiling shelf. If your child loves comic books, consider framing some of them for a wall grouping. Choose fun bed decor, too. For example, if your child loves animals, select an animal design for his or her bedspread and let him or her choose throw pillows with an animal design, too. If your child is old enough, think about letting him or her help you to shop for room decorations.
Contact a company like School Supply Specialty for more information and assistance.